Do you meet best practice?

As a landlord you must do a number of things to be legal. But there’s a difference between what’s required by law and best practice. A big difference!

That’s why The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) has written a best practice guide for landlords.

Do you meet minimum standards or best practice?
Do you meet minimum standards or best practice?

Lack of knowledge is not a defence for getting something wrong. So if you are unsure what to do, think about using an agent.

As luck would have it, the guide also gives you some tips on how to find a good one. For instance, you should only use an agent who:

1. is regulated by a professional body, eg RICS or ARLA;
2. belongs to a client money protection scheme; and
3. has professional indemnity insurance.

To find out more about best practice for landlords, download your free copy of the guide here:

Download your free copy of the Private Rented Sector Code of Practice.

If you have any questions, we’re here to help – just call Jan or David on 01992 308181.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *